Wednesday, December 13, 2017

I Hate This Place

The women of Laos get to do everything. They cook, they clean, they raise the kids, they work, they do the home repairs, they are all bike mechanics. Meanwhile, the men are relegated to doing nothing but fishing and drinking beer.
I'm sitting now in my personal, hand made, bamboo cabana watching the sun set over the Mecong River. It's hot. I guess I could step into my airconditioned bungalow, lay on the king-size bed, and watch it from there, but then I probably won't be waited on when I need another drink. I really do want a photo of this scene, but the ripples on the water obscure what would otherwise be a clear reflection of the clouds as they grow a deeper heu of red. Oh well. Some other time.
And this food? WTH?? If I wanted to eat noodles I would have gone to Italy!  I ordered a steak and they give me this Outback sluf!? I was expecting Ruth's Chris. They just don't understand the needs of travelers. And you'd think they could at least make a proper drink!?! There is way too much gin in this martini.
I hate this place!!

No comments:

Post a Comment